We are located near the city of Jacmel on the southern coast of the country of Haiti. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere and is a county in dire need.
Jacmel (Haitian Creole: Jakmèl) is a commune in southern Haiti founded by the Spanish in 1504 and repopulated by the French in 1698. It is the capital of the department of Sud-Est and has an estimated population of 40,000. In 1925, Jacmel was dubbed as the "City of Light," becoming the first in the Caribbean to have electricity.
The city has well-preserved historical French colonial architecture that dates back from the early nineteenth century and has little changed. The town has been tentatively accepted as a World Heritage site. Also located in Jacmel is a small airstrip. Jacmel now has two hospitals, Hôpital Saint-Michel and the "Complexe Médico Chirurgical Rose Marie Paul".